Ask Your Agent About All Car Insurance Discounts Available
Insurance companies will work with you to make sure you receive all qualifying discounts available to you. Don't assume that you qualify for all of them or that they offer all the discounts to you. Keep in mind that asking about discounts and shopping around can save you a lot of money on your policy.
Some discounts insurance companies offer are:
|Cheaper Auto Insurance
- Good Driver: typically a good driver is someone with at least 3 years of no violations.
- Good Student: (B average or better) responsible students are more apt to be responsible drivers.
- Vehicle Safety Features: air bags and automatic seatbelts are a few examples.
- Anti Theft Devices: such as alarms
- Anti Lock Brakes: standard feature on newer vehicles.
- Driving Courses: participating in safe driving acknowledges that you know the rules of the road.
- Multi Car: or bundling your home and life insurance.
- Low Average Mileage: less distance/time on the road, less chance of an accident.
There are other discounts that some companies may also offer such as belonging to AAA or other similar club/organization. It's important to go over these in details so you're aware of all that is available to you. The key here is that you should ask your insurance agent, or company, about the discounts available for your particular situation.
InsuranceLevel.com has produced an insurance discount guide that you can read to learn more.